Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Vanilla Almond Proats Recipe
Here's our Vanilla Almond Proats recipe, which provides a:
- High protein
- High carb
- Healthy fat start to your day.
Proats are a great way to transform basic porridge oats from a high carb breakfast into a high protein one.
With the oats also providing vital fibre, to help keep things 'moving along'!
You'll love the flavour and the goodness of this one.
Vanilla Almond Proats Recipe Summary:
- Servings: 2
- Time: 10 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Vanilla Almond Proats Recipe Ingredients:
- 60g of plain porridge oats
- 35g of almond butter
- 375ml of semi skimmed milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Teaspoon of Stevia / Truvia
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder.
N.B. you can substitute the almond butter for finely chopped almonds. Aim for approx. 20 almonds for 2 portions.
Vanilla Almond Proats Recipe Method:
- Place milk in pan on a low heat.
- Add the oats, Stevia, cinnamon and salt to the milk.
- Continue to stir the oats as they cook, you want to avoid them sticking to the pan and burning.
- Add the almond butter to the oats and stir in well.
- When the oats are nearly fully cooked, slowly add and stir in each scoop of the whey protein powder. (if required, add a splash more milk or water to keep the mixture workable).
- Keep stirring until the whey protein powder is fully integrated and the oats are hot enough for your liking.
- Remove your protein oats from the heat and serve into two bowls.
- You can garnish with: blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to complete the dish without adding too many calories.
Vanilla Almond Proats Recipe Calories & Macros:
Calories : 438
Protein : 39g
Fat : 18g
Carbohydrate : 33g
N.B. These macros excludes your choice of garnish
Need Help Putting All This Nutrition Information Into Action?
Our nutrition courses remove all the guesswork and guide you every step of the way.
You'll be educated on what your food choices are doing to and for you.
You'll be able to select the correct food choices in ANY situation.