Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Recipe Spicy Egg Frittata
This recipe will make one large egg frittata that gives two servings.
Ingredients for Spicy Egg Frittata:
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 Large egg whites (8 x tablespoon).
- 1 green / red or yellow bell pepper chopped.
- 1/2 onion sliced and diced.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- 1 large tomato diced.
- Salt and pepper as required.
- Chilli powder as required.
- Cumin and Oregano as required.
- 2 slices of low fat Leerdammer cheese.
Method for Spicy Egg Frittata:
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Use a large nonstick ovenproof saute pan or a frying pan with removable handle.
- Add olive oil to pan and fry bell pepper until softened.
- Add onion to peppers in pan and continue to stir and fry until onions are softened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add whole eggs and egg whites and mix together.
- Pour egg and egg white mixture into pan on top of pepper and onion mix.
- Add seasoning for your taste – salt, pepper, chili powder, tabasco sauce, cumin and oregano.
- Add diced tomato to mix
- Place in centre of oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add leerdammer cheese slices to top of frittata.
- Replace in oven and cook for a final two minutes so cheese is melted and crispy.
Calories & Macros for Spicy Egg Frittata:
Calories : 290
Protein : 23 grams
Fat : 17 grams
Carbohydrate : 8 grams