Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
This recipe for Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables is quick and easy to make and can provide a great source of cooked veg for the week.
The roasting works to combine the flavours superbly and transforms the basic veg from bland to banging!
Ingredients for Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
This recipe will make 4 portions:
- 200g Cherry tomatoes
- 4 Medium courgettes
- 1 Large red onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 Large cloves of garlic crushed (or use garlic powder)
- 2 Packets of prepared (cubed) butternut squash & sweet potato mix. (You can easily prepare these yourself but buying it pre-cut saves time). If preparing yourself, use 2 sweet potatoes and half a butternut squash.
- Olive oil spray
- Dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Method for Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables:
- You will need one large roasting tin - recommend lining with foil or silicon backing sheet to make washing up afterwards easier!
- Heat oven to 190°C
- Wash all veg (except onion, garlic and pre-prepared veg)
- Line roasting tin
- Add tomatoes
- Cut courgettes, peppers and onions into chunky pieces - add to the roasting tin
- Spray vegetables with a light coating of olive oil
- Put roasting tin in middle of oven and set timer for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, if not using pre-prepared, peel and cut sweet potato & butternut squash into cubes and have ready
- After twenty minutes, remove roasting tray from oven and add sweet potato and squash. Shake / stir the veg so it’s well mixed
- Lightly spray with oil once more
- Sprinkle the crushed garlic over the vegetables evenly, together with salt and pepper and a scattering of dried thyme
- Return tray to oven for another 20 minutes
- Remove and serve with accompaniment of choice: meat or fish work great.
If you are only serving one or two people, make an entire batch and divide leftovers into freezer containers, allow to cool and freeze.
Each portion may then be removed and reheated from frozen in a hot oven (190°C) for twenty minutes = NO CHOPPING THIS TIME!
As an alternative to freezing, place extra portions in the fridge and have next day.
Add to a warmed pan without oil, add in a tin of tuna etc. and stir until warmed through.
Does Your Diet Need An Overhaul?
Want to know what to eat - when!?
Our nutrition coaching courses provide the education on what foods provide the best options for your goals.
Whether you are looking to lose, maintain or gain weight our programme will help you understand how to use food to improve your health and support your goals.