Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Roasted Chickpea Healthy Snack
A Roasted Chickpea Healthy Snack is super simple, quick to prepare and easy to make. These are ideal when you have a movie to watch and want to keep your calories in check.
You can make these at any time and have them cold, they even transport well in a plastic bag and have a fraction of the calories of nuts but are much more satisfying.
Roasted Chickpea Summary :
- Servings: 4
- Time: 40-45 minutes
- Difficulty: Super Easy!
Roasted Chickpea Ingredients :
- 400g of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- Olive oil (2 teaspoons or ideally from a spritzer spray can)
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
I use Chickpeas that are already soaked, they come in tins or a jar. That way you can simply discard the liquid and use the peas straight away.
Roasted Chickpea Method :
- Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees C.
- Empty the chickpeas into a sieve and drain the liquid away.
- Place the chickpeas onto a few sheets of kitchen towel to blot away any excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl add olive oil, spices, seasoning and mix with a spoon.
- Add the drained chickpeas to the bowl and stir to get an even coating of seasoning on them.
- Place a layer of silver foil onto a large baking tray.
- Put the seasoned chickpeas onto the silver foil and evenly distribute them.
- Add baking tray to oven once it has reached the required temperature of 220 degrees C.
- After 30 mins remove tray from oven and check how brown and crunchy the chickpeas are. If required, shake the tray and put them back in the oven to finish baking for a further 5-10 minutes.
- When crispy and crunchy to required taste, remove from oven allow to cool and enjoy!
Roasted Chickpea Healthy Snack - Calories & Macros :
Per serving (100g):
Protein : 8g
Fat : 4g
Carbohydrate : 17g
Logged in My Fitness Pal as : FTF Roasted Chickpeas