Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Warm Beetroot Salad with Goat’s Cheese and Nuts
Just because the sun has gone in – doesn’t mean that you need to give up on salads. This ‘winter warmer’ makes a warm beetroot salad which combines beetroots with crumbled goat’s cheese to really lift a simple salad into something special.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Ingredients for Warm Beetroot Salad:
- 200 grams cooked beetroot (not pickled).
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Bag of rocket or peppery salad leaves
- 10 grams of almonds or walnuts or pine nuts (as preferred)
- 100 grams of goat’s cheese.
Method for Warm Beetroot Salad:
- Pre-heat oven to 180-200c.
- Peel and cut the onion into chunks.
- Cut the beetroot into large chunks.
- Place both onion and beetroot into a roasting tin and combine with olive oil. Toss both beetroot and onion to achieve even coverage. Season with salt and pepper as required.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop garlic, coarsely chop walnuts or almonds or toast pine nuts for a couple of minutes (if using).
- Place salad leaves in a salad bowl.
- Crumble goat’s cheese and put to one side.
- Remove roasting tin from oven, add the garlic and almonds or walnuts to beetroot and onion. Note if using pine nuts do not add at this stage.
- Stir contents of baking tray to get even coverage of oil, return to oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, tip contents onto salad leaves (add pine nuts now if using them), toss salad with two large spoons so ingredients and oil are mixed together evenly.
- Sprinkle goat’s cheese over salad and serve.
Calories & Macros for Warm Beetroot Salad:
Calories : 250
Protein : 13 grams
Fat : 16 grams
Carbohydrate : 13 grams