Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Recipe: Tuna melt open sandwich
A simple to make open sandwich. By ditching the extra slice of bread the macros are adjusted to make this a high protein meal which can be enjoyed at anytime. The addition of chili flakes or Tabasco sauce give this meal a nice kick!
Ingredients for Tuna melt open sandwich (1 serving):
- 160 grams (one can) of tuna in brine or water (drained).
- One slice of wholemeal bread.
- 2 spring onions chopped.
- 2 teaspoon of low fat mayonnaise.
- 25 grams of grated low fat cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkling of chili flakes or Tabasco sauce
- Half a lemon squeezed.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Method for Tuna melt open sandwich:
- Toast bread under the grill.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the spring onions and mayonnaise.
- Add the tuna and chili flakes or several dashes of Tabasco sauce.
- Squeeze lemon juice into bowl. Mix well.
- Spread tuna mixture over toasted bread.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the tuna.
- Place under grill until cheese melts.
Calories & Macros for Tuna melt open sandwich:
Calories : 335
Protein : 52 grams
Fat : 7 grams
Carbohydrate :15 grams