Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Recipe for Moist Chicken Turkey Meatloaf
This meatloaf is high in protein, low in fat and moderate in carbohydrates. The recipe makes 8 portions which can easily be reheated or frozen and enjoyed at a later date
Enjoy it with a fresh green salad or some vegetables.
Ingredients for Moist Chicken Turkey Meatloaf (8 portions):
- 450 grams lean minced chicken.
- 450 grams lean minced turkey.
- 325 grams (whole can) of sweetcorn (drained).
- 400 grams (whole can) of kidney beans (rinsed and drained).
- 5-6 green chillies from jar (Cooks & Co. etc.) – chopped.
- 1 jar of Old El Paso Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa.
- 1 jar of Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce.
- 1 whole pack of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
- 3 egg whites.
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread (crusts removed and bread crumbed).
Method for Moist Chicken Turkey Meatloaf:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Coat a 9″ x 13″ baking tin with cooking spray.
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, turkey, sweetcorn, kidney beans, chilies, salsa,taco mix, bread crumbed and egg whites. Mix well.
- Begin to form the mixture into a loaf and place inside the pre-prepared tin. Add half of the enchilada sauce and spread out across the top of the loaf.
- Place tin in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take tin from oven and add remaining enchilada sauce to the loaf and evenly spread out.
- Return tray to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Check loaf is fully cooked and meat is no longer pink. If you have a meat thermometer available, check the middle temperature of the loaf is at least 75°C.
- Cut into portions and serve with a fresh green salad or a selection of vegetables.
Calories & Macros for Moist Chicken Turkey Meatloaf:
Calories : 290
Protein : 33 grams
Fat : 3 grams
Carbohydrate :35 grams