Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Recipe for Chocolate & Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Homemade protein bars are far superior to shop bought ones. No added sugars make these a much better option. Combining whey protein powder, oats and peanut butter to make a tasty snack which is best enjoyed after intensive exercise.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars (8 bars):
- Three cups of plain porridge oats.
- 4 scoops of chocolate protein powder.
- 200ml Semi skimmed milk.
- 1/2 x Cup of crunchy peanut butter.
- Good dash of cinnamon.
- 1 x tablespoon of Truvia.
Method for Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars:
Although these bars only take 5 minutes to make, they do need to set in the fridge overnight.
- Prepare a flat baking tray with one cal cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except the Truvia) together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well by hand until a sticky batter is formed. A little water on your hands will aid getting the batter off!
- Place the batter into the baking tray and push out into an even depth square or rectangle.
- Evenly dust the mixture with the Truvia.
- Place baking tray in the fridge overnight.
- When set, remove from fridge and cut into 8 even bars.
- These can be kept in the fridge or frozen.
Calories & Macros for Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars:
Per serving (bar):-
Calories : 290
Protein : 20 grams
Fat : 11 grams
Carbohydrate :28 grams