Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Recipe – Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a recipe for making a great snack or dessert which is healthy, quick and simple to pull together. Providing 4.6g of protein and satisfying any sweet cravings. I enjoy them with a coffee or add a couple to a bowl with Greek Yoghurt to make a great dessert.
Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas (over ripe are good as well – they will add a lot of flavour).
- 1/2 a large avocado.
- 1/2 cup of plain porridge oats.
- 2 scoops of chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder.
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 3 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips.
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash up the bananas and avocado into a paste.
- Add the chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder.
- Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, chocolate chips and oats and mix all together well.
- Line a baking tray with a baking sheet or spray with one cal spray. Drop a tablespoon sized portion of the mix onto the tray and flatten and shape into a cookie. Repeat until all of the batter has been used. This should be around 12 cookies.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and eat warm or they can be stored for up to a week in an airtight container.
- They can also be frozen, defrosted and warmed through.
- These are great on their own as a small snack / dessert or personally I prefer to have a couple of them with around 150g of Fage Greek Yoghurt as a proper dessert.
Calories & Macros:
Calories : 78
Protein : 4.6 grams
Fat : 3.2 grams
Carbohydrate : 10.8 grams