Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Recipe – Chicken Satay
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 4 chicken breasts (400g).
- 2 tablespoons (30g) of natural peanut butter.
- 1/2 medium chopped onion.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Truvia or Stevia.
- 1 tablespoon of ground nut oil.
- 1 clove of minced garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of hot chilli sauce (low sugar if possible).
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- Add natural peanut butter, onion, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Truvia, nut oil, garlic, chilli sauce and water to a blender or food processor. Blend or process until a smooth paste is achieved. This will make approx. 1 cup of sauce. Use 1/4 cup for the initial marinade and put the rest aside for use once the meat is cooked.
- Trim any fat from the chicken breasts and cut into cubes that will be the right size for the kebabs.
- Place 1/4 cup of the Satay sauce in a large bowl and add the cubed chicken breasts and mix meat well with the sauce.
- Leave to marinate for around 10 minutes or longer if possible.
- Thread the meat onto skewers and pop under the grill.
- Rotate and grill until the meat is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill and brush the meat with the Satay sauce you put aside.
- Put any of the remaining basting Satay sauce (not the initial marinade sauce as this had raw meat in it) into small dipping bowls to go with the meat skewers.
- Serve and enjoy your healthy Chicken Satay skewers.
Calories & Macros:
Calories : 243
Protein : 35 grams
Fat : 8 grams
Carbohydrate : 13 grams
Search for: FTF Chicken Satay on Myfitnesspal.com
Tip: use a good quality peanut butter which hasn’t had palm oil or sugar added to it. Also be careful of chilli sauce selection as these can be high in sugar content.