Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Recipe for Chicken Ratatouille
High in protein, low in fat and carbs. This makes a great healthy filling meal which can be enjoyed anytime.
Ingredients for Chicken Ratatouille (2 portions):
- 2 Chicken breasts.
- 1 Red pepper chopped.
- 1 Medium onion chopped.
- 1 Courgette chopped into chunks.
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes.
- 1 Aubergine chopped into chunks.
- 2 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed.
- 1 Teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Method for Chicken Ratatouille:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan on a medium heat, add the onions and fry until soft and translucent.
- Add the peppers, aubergine and courgette and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tin of chopped tomatoes and oregano to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stirring bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breasts in a heat proof dish or baking tray, drizzle the chicken with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Place the chicken in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Ensure chicken is cooked through by pushing a sharp knife into the centre and checking juices run clear.
- Place chicken on serving plates, remove ratatouille sauce from the hob and spoon over the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
Calories & Macros for Chicken Ratatouille:
Per serving :-
Calories : 405
Protein : 55 grams
Fat : 16 grams
Carbohydrate :10 grams