Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Recipe Avocado Red Pepper Toast
Try our recipe for Avocado Red Pepper Toast as a healthy breakfast option or as an in-between main meal snack. It's full of flavour and quick and simple to make - perfect for when time is short.
Incorporating the Tabasco is optional but will certainly add a little kick to the start of your day!
Avocados are a true super food. Being high in healthy monounsaturated fat which aids in lowering bad cholesterol.
Each avocado serving provides nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B,C,E and more potassium than a banana! All of that combined with a high fibre content make avocados a fruit that you want to incorporate into your diet.
Healthy Recipe Avocado Red Pepper Toast Summary:
- Servings: 1 portion
- Time: 5 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Avocado Red Pepper on Toast :
- 1/2 a medium sized, ripe avocado
- 25g of lightly pickled red pepper
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread
- A twist of freshly ground sea salt
- 3 twists of freshly ground black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Good dash of Tabasco sauce to add some fire to the dish!
Method for Avocado Red Pepper on Toast :
- Cut a ripe avocado in half, discard the stone and scoop one half of the soft fruit into a small bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper and garlic powder and mash the avocado with a fork - mixing the seasoning in well.
- If you fancy a good kick - add a dash of Tabasco sauce to the mix!
- Toast the bread and once both sides are brown layer on the avocado mix and then top with the lightly pickled red pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories & Macros for Avocado Red Pepper on Toast :
Calories : 222
Protein : 4.5g
Fat : 11.4g
Carbohydrate : 19.5g
Search for: FTF Avocado Red Pepper Toast on Myfitnesspal.com