Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Recipe
This Quinoa Cranberry Salad recipe will make 2 good sized servings.
The flavours work so well together that once you've made and tasted this - you'll be planning to make it again pretty soon!
This has become one of my favourite salad dishes. The flavours of the curry powder combined with coriander, lime and cranberries provide a spicy, tart, sweet experience.
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Summary
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Tip
Due to having to allow the quinoa to cool after cooking - you need to allow extra time for this in your overall start to serving time window.
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Ingredients
- 1/2 Cup of quinoa
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of chopped yellow peppers
- 1/4 cup of chopped red peppers
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (strength to suit taste)
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened dried cranberries
- Salt & black pepper - season to taste.
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Method
- Add water to a pan, cover with lid and place on high heat.
- When water begins to boil, add quinoa, stir, reduce heat to low and recover with lid.
- Simmer quinoa until water has been fully absorbed, around 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from pan and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and allow to cool before proceeding.
Once quinoa has cooled, add the other ingredients:
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
- Red onion
- Curry powder
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Pour lime juice over and stir mixutre well
- Finish off by garnishing with any remaining coriander.
Quinoa Cranberry Salad Calories & Macros
Would you like to: increase your energy levels, sleep better, reduce hunger pangs and lose weight?
Well, those are exactly the outcomes that our coaching clients achieve!
If you are fed up of not knowing what to eat and how to manage your waistline - reach out and get help!
Our coaching programs are run over the net, so you can review the lessons when and where convenient to you.
All for the price of a 'posh' cup of coffee per day.