Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Our Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup recipe makes enough for 6 generous portions which helps to ensure you've always got a healthy meal in the fridge or freezer.
This is a high carb meal but each serving only takes 151 calories out of your daily allowance. It's creamy and satisfying without blowing the budget!
- Servings: 6
- Time: 45 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup :
- 1 Kg of pumpkin
- 500g of sweet potato
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of hot chilli powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of cummin
- 1 Teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 Teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon of dried oregano
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes (enough to make 1500 ml of stock).
Method for Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup :
- Chop the pumpkin into small cubes
- Peel and dice sweet potato
- Chop onion coarsley
- Using a large saucepan, add the oil and chopped onion
- Soften the onion and when translucent add the chilli powder and cumin
- Make a stock from 2 x Chicken or Vegetable stock cubes (as preferred) and 1500 ml of water
- Add pumpkin, sweet potato and stock to pan
- Add dried herbs: thyme, rosemary and oregano to the mix
- Add a good dose of salt and cracked black pepper
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer on the hob for 25 minutes
- Taste and if required add further salt and pepper
- Remove from the heat and use a hand blender to liquidise the mixture
- Once liquidised into a smooth lump free soup, separate into 6 generous portions
- Freeze or refrigerate according to how soon you are likely to consume the soup portions.
Calories & Macros for Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Soup :
Calories : 151
Protein : 3.3g
Fat : 3.1g
Carbohydrate : 30g
Need Help Pulling All This Nutrition Information Together?
Our 1:1 coaching demystifies nutrition and ensures you adopt lifestyle habits that will get you to your goals.
You'll be educated on what your food choices are doing to and for you and be able to select the correct choices in any situation.