Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Protein Waffles - Healthy Recipe
Protein Waffles - a quick, simple and healthy recipe which transforms waffles from diet disasters into diet friendly squares of joy!
Using this recipe you end up with nicely balanced macros making these a perfect selection for breakfast or as a snack .
No need to feel guilty any longer! These will fix your waffle 'itch' and with the amount of protein they are packing, they will keep you full for a long long time! They can easily be combined with forest fruits and Greek Yoghurt.
Protein Waffles Summary:
- Servings: 4 waffles
- Time: 12-15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Protein Waffles Ingredients :
- 200g of low fat cottage cheese
- 2 scoops of Myprotein Whey Impact Powder - Vanilla flavour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 75g of plain rolled porridge oats
- 130g of egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed.
Protein Waffles Method :
- Switch on your waffle maker
- Spray the waffle irons (top and bottom) with a little non-stick / one-cal cooking spray
- Close the lid and leave to warm up
- Whilst the machine is warming, prepare the waffle batter
- In a hand blender bowl, add the cottage cheese, whey protein powder, vanilla extract, oats, egg whites and flax seed
- Hand blend the ingredients together until there are no lumps and you have a smooth runny batter
- Pour the batter into each of the waffle sections of your machine, aim to cover the squares evenly
- This recipe should make 4 good sized waffles (depending on the size of your machine)
- Once the batter has been poured out, close the lid of the machine and adjust temperature for the level of browning you want.
Once toasted to the preferred level, remove the waffles from the machine and serve.
These can be enjoyed on their own or by combining them with forest fruits, Greek Yoghurt and Myprotein Sugar Free Syrup. (My preferred combo!)
Protein Waffles - Calories & Macros :
These are without the addition of fruit or yoghurt.
Per serving (2 waffles):-
Calories : 372
Protein : 41.6g
Fat : 6.2g
Carbohydrate : 35.4g
Logged in My Fitness Pal as : FTF Protein Waffles