Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Protein Fluff Recipe
Here is our quick and easy Protein Fluff recipe made using whey or casein protein powder and frozen forest fruits.
It's quick to make and super filling! This is an ideal snack or dessert when you are looking to lose weight and have a limited number of calories to play with but don't want to be going hungry.
Whilst it won't win any awards for aesthetics, this dish provides 20g of protein! With it being big on physical volume (due to the whipped air) and the amount of protein, it's guaranteed to fill you up for a good few hours.
Combining a high protein content with the fruit makes this a sure fire winning healthy combination.
Protein Fluff Ingredients:
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (whey or casein)
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries all work well in this)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Protein Fluff Method:
- Add the frozen fruit, protein powder and xanthan gum to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk to the bowl.
- Using a hand blender, blend the mix until all of the frozen fruit has become blended.
- Either use a hand mixer or an electric whisk, whisk the mixture for 3-5 minutes. You are aiming to fluff up the mixture with air. It should be light and fluffy when you get to the right consistency.
- Add to a dessert bowl and serve.
Protein Fluff Calories & Macros:
Calories : 185
Protein : 20 grams
Fat : 3 grams
Carbohydrate : 18 grams
Search for: FTF Protein Fluff on MyFitnessPal