Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Mushroom Soup Healthy Recipe
Here is our great tasting, healthy recipe for mushroom soup.
Mushroom soup is packed full of nutrients and also very low in calories. This dish has all the taste but without pushing up your daily calorie total.
This recipe makes 4 portions which can easily be reheated in the microwave for a quick meal or frozen to enjoy at a later date & time.
Time: 20 Mins
Ingredients for Mushroom Soup
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- Handful of chopped coriander
- One cal cooking spray
- 1 pint of stock (made with chicken or vegetable stock cube)
- 3/4 pint of skimmed milk.
If you are enjoying this recipe then you'll definitely benefit from our Kitchen Rescue Pack.
This is a free Infographic download which provides you with tips on how to easily construct healthy meals every time.
As a bonus, it also includes steps on how to create healthy, diet friendly smoothies for when time is critical!
Method for Mushroom Soup
- Chop the mushrooms into small pieces
- Spray a medium sized saucepan with one cal spray
- Fry mushrooms for 5 minutes on a low heat, stirring to prevent them discolouring too much
- Remove the pan from heat and add stock and milk
- Bring the pan to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Simmer broth for 5 minutes
- Add half of the coriander
- Add salt and pepper as required to taste
- Remove broth from the heat and using a hand blender, carefully liquidise the broth into a mushroom soup
- Serve and garnish with the remaining half of the coriander
- Enjoy your freshly prepared healthy mushroom soup!
Calories & Macros for Mushroom Soup
- Calories : 135
- Protein : 10 grams
- Fat : 4 grams
- Carbohydrate : 14 grams.