Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Recipe Moscow Mule Cocktail
Anyone that has socialised with me over the last couple of years will have already been offered a Moscow Mule Cocktail! My go-to cocktail for when I am out and about. With only 120 calories each, you can easily fit a few of these into a daily calorie total and still be dropping fat! The combination of the lime and Ginger make these especially refreshing – just try not to get yourself over refreshed!!
For some other strategies on how to maintain a social life and still be in a calorie deficit – see this article on how to drink alcohol and make it work with your diet.
Recipe for Moscow Mule Cocktail
The key to making the Moscow Mule Cocktail fit in with your diet goals is to source sugar free Ginger Ale to use as the mixer. Schweppes and most Supermarkets offer an own brand version of low calorie / light or sugar-free Ginger Ale. By using this you will vastly reduce the calories that you will be having per drink.
Ingredients (for 1 Moscow Mule Cocktail):
- A double measure of Vodka. (Whichever brand you prefer).
- One small lime.
- 3-4 ice cubes.
- Slimline / light / low-calorie / diet / sugar-free Ginger Ale.
Method for Moscow Mule Cocktail:
- Cut a lime in half. Squeeze the juice from one half into a highball cocktail glass.
- Add the spent / squeezed part of the lime into the glass.
- Add 3-4 ice cubes.
- Half fill the glass with diet Ginger Ale.
- Add a double measure of Vodka.
- Cut the remainder of the lime half into 2-3 slices and add to glass.
- Top up the glass with the diet Ginger Ale.
- Stir to mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!
Calories & Macros for Moscow Mule Cocktail:
Calories : 120
Protein : 0 grams
Fat : 0 grams
Carbohydrate : 0 grams
Get more great articles like this one