Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink
This recipe for a High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink can be used when you want a comforting hot drink to warm up or when you simply 'need' that chocolate craving to be satisfied!
Using this drink provides a healthy alternative to the usual sugar loaded hot chocolate drinks. Each drink also packs a decent 15g portion of protein to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink Overview :
- Servings: 2
- Time: 4 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink :
- 50g of Myprotein Hot Chocolate
- 400ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional).
Method for High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink :
METHOD 1: Using A Cafetiere
If you have one, using a Cafetiere produces a really nice, frothy hot chocolate that is full of bubbles! This method covers how to use it:
- Ensure you have two mugs which are large enough to take the final drink (200ml per mug).
- Fill a kettle with 400ml of fresh water and boil.
- Once water is boiled, add approx 2 inches to the Cafetiere. Add 50g (2 scoops) of the Hot Chocolate Protein Powder.
- Mix well with a spoon and ensure no lumps.
- Add remaining water and cinnamon (optional) to Cafetiere and again mix with the spoon.
- Place the top into the Cafetiere and slowly plunge as far down as possible, then slowly draw the plunger back up and repeat this process 9-10 times.
- With each push of the plunger you will see the chocolate frothing and filling with bubbles.
- Now pour the hot chocolate into two mugs.
- Enjoy - guilt free!!
METHOD 2: Using A Microwave
If you don't have a Cafetiere, then you can still make the drink using a microwave oven and these steps:
- Ensure you have two microwaveable mugs which are large enough to take the final drink (200ml per mug).
- Add 100ml of water to each mug.
- Add 1/2 a scoop of high protein hot chocolate mix to each mug.
- Add remaining 100ml of water to each mug.
- (Optional) Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to each mug.
- Stir the mix well and add finally add the remaining 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein mix to each mug.
- Microwave on full power for 60 seconds.
- Remove mugs, stir drinks well and re-heat for another 30-60 seconds until the drinks are steaming hot.
- Timings are based on an 800w microwave oven.
Calories & Macros for High Protein Hot Chocolate Drink :
Calories : 84
Protein : 14g
Fat : 0.6g
Carbohydrate : 4.8g