Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Try our recipe for Healthy Cauliflower Rice, it's the perfect way to reduce starchy carbs and calories in meals which usually have white rice to accompany them.
This recipe is super simple and once you've tried cauliflower rice you'll be hooked. It's also a great way to easily increase your vegetable intake.
Healthy Cauliflower Rice Summary:
- Servings: 4 portions
- Time: 15 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Healthy Cauliflower Rice :
- 1 large head of cauliflower.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Cracked sea salt and black pepper to taste
Method for Healthy Cauliflower Rice :
- Wash the cauliflower and dry with paper towel.
- Remove the green stems and cut the head into 4 even sections.
- Take a box grater and use the medium sized holes to grate the cauliflower into the size of rice grains. If there are any large or tough stems these can be discarded.
- Transfer the grated cauliflower to a paper towel and blot out any remaining moisture to avoid making the 'rice' soggy.
- Using a large frying pan, add the oil and saute the cauliflower rice. Cover the pan with a lid so the cauliflower steams and becomes tender without losing all of it's moisture.
- Cook for approx. 5-8 minutes in total, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TIP 1: Use cauliflower rice in any dishes that would traditionally include white or brown rice. E.G. our Turkey Curry or Chilli Con Carne.
- TIP2: As the bulk of the calories for this dish come from the coconut oil, using this sparingly will reduce the calories further.
Calories & Macros for Healthy Cauliflower Rice :
Calories : 70
Protein : 2g
Fat : 5g
Carbohydrate : 5g
Search for: FTF Healthy Cauliflower Rice on Myfitnesspal