Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Healthy Recipe Chicken Cobb Salad
This recipe for Chicken Cobb Salad is one of my personal favourites. This makes a large salad which is: tasty, fresh and above all nice and filling.
Recipe will make 2 portions:
Ingredients for Chicken Cobb Salad:
- 2 x chicken breasts (170g – no skin, no bone). Cooked and cut into small cubes
- 2 x teaspoon olive oil
- 2 x large hard boiled eggs
- 1 x romaine lettuce – chopped
- 1/2 x small red onion – chopped
- 2 x medium sized tomatoes – chopped
- 1 x medium avocado – sliced
- 1 x cup of carrot – grated
- 1/4 cup of low-fat cheddar cheese – shredded
Method for Chicken Cobb Salad:
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks and fry in 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Whilst frying add salt and pepper as required
- Gently place both eggs into a pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil & simmer for 8 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the salads
- Evenly divide all ingredients between two serving bowls – leave cheese until last
- Shell the eggs and cool with cold water, slice and add to the salad bowls
- Once chicken is fully cooked, allow to cool before evenly dividing between the two bowls.
- Finally add the cheese to the bowl
- Complete with cracked black pepper and salt as required.
Calories & Macros for Chicken Cobb Salad:
Calories : 544 grams
Protein : 54 grams
Fat : 27 grams
Carbohydrate : 22 grams