Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats
Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats are an ideal way to transform the traditional carb loaded porridge breakfast into a more macro friendly version.
This recipe provides a high protein breakfast that includes healthy nut butter and flax seed fats. Enjoy after an early morning workout or when you are just looking to boost the amount of carbohydrates you consume in a day.
Healthy Recipe: Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats Summary:
- Servings: 1
- Time: 5 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats :
- 1/2 Cup of plain porridge oats
- 1 Tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 1 Scoop of chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 Teaspoons of flax seed / linseed
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 Teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Stevia / Truvia
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup of water.
Method for Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats :
- Using a medium saucepan, bring the water to a simmer, lower the heat, add the porridge oats and stir vigorously as they cook.
- When the oats are around half cooked add: flax seed, cinnamon, Stevia, salt, peanut butter and egg white.
- Continue to stir until fully cooked remove from the heat and add and fully stir in chocolate whey protein powder.
Calories & Macros for Chocolate Protein Porridge Oats :
Calories : 287
Protein : 20g
Fat : 11g
Carbohydrate : 27g