Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
This recipe for Chicken Fajitas will make 2 portions. You can cook both and eat one immediately and have the other cold later on.
Ingredients for Chicken Fajitas:
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 large (or 1 small) red or green pepper sliced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (low sodium if possible)
- 1 large clove of garlic crushed (or a shake of garlic granules / powder)
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) of chilli powder.
Step by step picture guide of how to make Chicken Fajitas
Method for Chicken Fajitas
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a large bowl
- Cut chicken breast into 1″ (3cm) cubes, add to the bowl containing the marinade, swirl cubes around so all are well covered in marinade
- Cover bowl and leave to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or in the fridge for longer
- Meanwhile, slice the onion, slice the pepper and put to one side
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon, put to one side
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat, add chicken and remains of marinade. Spread out over the pan and let cook for 7 minutes
- Meanwhile, place tortillas in a warm oven or a low grill to warm through for a few minutes
- Prepare two plates (add green salad as an accompaniment if desired)
- Turn chicken pieces over and add the sliced onion and pepper to the pan
- Set timer for 7 minutes and stir mixture around to ensure even cooking
- Add salt and pepper to your preference
- Once chicken has cooked through, remove from heat
- Remove tortillas from oven or grill (they should still be soft but warmed through), put on plates ready for chicken mixture
- Divide the chicken mixture between the two tortillas and place on one half of each disc. Sprinkle a little lemon juice on each. Fold over the tortilla and serve with the green salad (if desired).
- Tip : any leftover lemon juice can be sprinkled onto the salad along with a teaspoon of olive oil
- Tip 2 : serve with napkins as it can be a messy eat!
- Tip 3 : this same marinade can be used with chicken skewers for the BBQ.
Calories & Macros for Chicken Fajitas:
Per serving (without salad)
Calories : 440 grams
Protein : 58 grams
Fat : 9 grams
Carbohydrate : 34 grams