Not getting the results you deserve from exercise?
Get full details of our Online Nutrition Coaching course.
Bulking Banana Toast Recipe
Bulking Banana Toast Recipe Summary:
- Servings: 2
- Time: 8 mins
- Difficulty: Easy
This is a great recipe for anyone that is looking to have a high carbohydrate meal either as part of a bulking programme, part of a strategic refeed or just post workout.
It's quick to make and with the cinnamon and banana & jam topping - it's also packed with flavour!
Ingredients for Bulking Banana Toast :
- 2 Whole eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 Cup of semi-skimmed milk
- 2 Scoops of MyProtein vanilla Impact Whey Protein
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 4 x slices of bread
Ingredients for Bulking Banana Toast Spread :
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 1 Tablespoon of raspberry jam
- 1 Medium sized banana (mashed)
Method for Bulking Banana Toast :
- Using a large bowl, mix the eggs, egg whites and milk together.
- Add cinnamon and Whey Protein Powder and further mix until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Place 2 slices of toast into the bowl and allow to soak for around 30 to 45 seconds. Swirl mixture over the top of the slices to get good coverage and absorption.
- Spray a large frying pan with 1-cal cooking spray and heat on a medium heat.
- Whilst pan heats, prepare the Chunky Toast Spread:
- In a small bowl, add water, jam and banana.
- Mash the banana and jam together to make a chunky topping.
- Place two slices of batter soaked toast into the pan and allow to fry for around 2 mins (turning when bottom is crispy and brown).
- Once both sides have been fried and are crispy, remove from the pan and repeat the above steps for the other two slices.
- When all four slices of bread have been cooked, serve and share the chunky topping between them.
Calories & Macros for Bulking Banana Toast Recipe :
Calories : 452
Protein : 36g
Fat : 8g
Carbohydrate : 55g